Interview With Deepu

Posted by 03314923249 | Posted in | Posted on 9:04 AM

"I think ninety percent in the film Meera reacts the way I would in real life"
Deepika, four films and four different actors, how has the journey been for you till "Love Aaj Kal"?

The journey has been wonderful. Everyone's way of acting, style of acting, approach is different. It's been a great journey so far and in two out of the four films, my co stars have also been producers.

Saif complimented you by saying that you bring the same kind of earthiness on screen to him what Rani Mukherjee does. How do you feel about that?
(Blushes) I think Saif is being extremely sweet. It is a huge compliment coming from someone like him. I have learnt a lot from him. The fact that he is so experienced his way of acting is so natural that I really look up to his kind of performance. Right from 'Dil Chahta Hai', I remember all his performances. I have been a big fan of him as an actor and I am glad about what he thinks.

All your co stars except Ranbir have been quiet senior to you. Were there any opinion differences or did you feel any

kind of generation gap?

No. I don't feel any age difference but just felt secure because I felt I was with experienced people. It has been a great experience for someone like me who has absolutely no background from this industry and no sort of experience even on a film set. To be around people who are so experienced is wonderful. They are "giving" people, very supportive and I have been very fortunate to be around them. That has made huge difference to all my performances.

What do you have to say about Imtiaz Ali as a director?

Genius! He is just so sensitive to people that as a director it is nice to see him understand my approach. Saif and I are different as actors and it was nice to see him bring the two of us together and get a good performance out of us.

Can you put more light to your character in the film "Love Aaj Kal"?

I am playing the role of Meera and she is very grounded, sensitive and practical. She is a nice blend of love aaj and love kal.

How similar do you feel are you to Meera in real life?

I should say, a lot. As an actor two things can happen…..either the character can be completely different from what you are or it can be very similar to the person you are. It is spooky how similar Meera is to me. I keep teasing Imtiaz that he has been following me around. I think ninety percent in the film Meera reacts the way I would in real life.

Saif is said to be a brat on sets. Did he play any prank with you? How was your equation with him?

Saif was very kind and polite towards me. He probably thought I would run away or something if he did anything like that with me. He has been very prim and proper. Somewhere that 'Nawab' and the London education that he has had were at its best.

Do you think it has become a trend to use the "ill est" words on screen with the beep?

For how long do we want to see two people are kissing and a flower coming on screen? Let's get real. We have all moved on and every one is aware of these things. Kids are also aware of such things. We have tried to make a very real and relatable film so we have used it and we have it.

How was it working with Rishiji and Neetuji in "Love Aaj Kal" who are so experienced actors?

Saif has more scenes with Rishiji while I have only one scene. It is nice to see the kind of passion and the kind of commitment Rishiji has to do what he does. To be involved with not only his character but to be involved with the entire scene and see him encourage everyone else was amazing.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment